Proven asthma relief.
If you suffer from asthma, you’re not alone. Asthma affects more than 18 million people in the United States. About half of the children who develop asthma do so before age 10. Not only can asthma be frustrating to live with, but it can also be dangerous to your health. Dr. Justin Clark is a board-certified and fellowship-trained specialist who can accurately diagnose and effectively treat asthma. Dr. Clark can help you control your attacks so you can live a normal life, no matter what your age.
The ABC’s of asthma.
Asthma is a disease of the lung characterized by a number of changes occurring within the airways of the lung:
- The layers of the airway are abnormally thickened and undergo changes referred to as “remodeling.”
- White blood cells accumulate in the walls of the airways and secrete a variety of substances that contribute to the airway changes and symptoms of asthma.
- The airways are abnormally sensitive to a variety of foreign substances such as allergens, viruses, cold air, and tobacco smoke.
- The airways abnormally constrict, which makes breathing difficult and produces symptoms such as coughing and chest tightness.
- There are many triggers that can produce symptoms of asthma and lead to rapid worsening of breathing.
- Triggers may include pollen, animal dander, dust mites, mold, chemical exposure, smoke, and viruses. Common symptoms of asthma include breathlessness, wheezing, coughing, and chest tightness.
Helping you breathe easier.
Your care with Dr. Clark begins with a comprehensive exam and health history along with in-office testing. He will take the time to educate you about your condition and answer all of your questions. You’ll learn how to avoid asthma triggers and how to recognize and respond to an asthma attack early. Dr. Clark offers asthma medications and inhalers to control your asthma. He also offers allergy shots (immunotherapy), which can help prevent asthma attacks by making you less sensitive to allergens that trigger them.
For more information about Dr. Clark’s asthma treatment or to schedule your personal appointment, call today.
Asthma Treatment in Crestview and Fort Walton Beach, FL
Please visit our Patient Education Library to read more about asthma treatments.
All Seasons Allergy & Asthma serves the Fort Walton Beach and Crestview area including Destin, Niceville and Navarre, Florida.