When you come in for your initial visit to All Seasons Allergy & Asthma in Fort Walton Beach and Crestview, Florida, Dr. Justin Clark will review your health history and conduct one of the most thorough evaluations you will ever have. In addition to looking at your symptoms and how long you’ve been suffering, Dr. Clark’s in-depth investigation includes things you might not associate with your condition. These include sleep habits, medications, diet, and various medical conditions.
Dr. Clark will also ask about your previous treatments and their results. This comprehensive evaluation is then followed by specialized in-office tests to help Dr. Clark create a detailed treatment plan by the end of your visit.
A welcome relief from allergies.
Allergies are the result of an abnormal response of the immune system to a foreign substance known as an allergen. This abnormal response results in a variety of symptoms depending on the type of allergic condition.
To pinpoint the cause of your allergies, Dr. Clark will conduct a simple skin test based on your symptoms. You will learn the results of your skin test during the same office visit, and Dr. Clark will then create your customized treatment plan. He can provide welcome relief from all types of allergies, including:
- Seasonal allergies
- Hay fever
- Skin allergies
- Eye allergies
- Pet allergies (cats & dogs)
- Food allergies
- Insect allergies
- Medication allergies
- Cosmetic allergies
- Contact dermatitis
Keeping asthma under control.
Asthma is a disease of the lung characterized by a number of changes occurring within the airways of the lung:
- The layers of the airway are abnormally thickened and undergo changes referred to as “remodeling.”
- White blood cells accumulate in the walls of the airways and secrete a variety of substances that contribute to the airway changes and symptoms of asthma.
- The airways are abnormally sensitive to a variety of foreign substances such as allergens, viruses, cold air, and tobacco smoke.
- The airways abnormally constrict, which makes breathing difficult and produces symptoms such as coughing and chest tightness.
There are many triggers that can produce symptoms of asthma and lead to rapid worsening of breathing. Triggers may include pollen, animal dander, dust mites, mold, chemical exposure, smoke, and viruses. Common symptoms of asthma include breathlessness, wheezing, coughing, and chest tightness.
To diagnose asthma, Dr. Clark looks at your health history and tests and/or spirometry (lung function testing). Once Dr. Clark diagnoses your asthma, he will develop an individualized treatment plan designed to get you on the road to good health right away. Regardless of which of these treatments you receive, controlling your asthma is an attainable goal with Dr. Clark. Some of the methods Dr. Clark uses are:
- Preventive measures
- Trigger avoidance
- Activity & lifestyle modification
- Medical management/inhaler treatment
- Allergy shots (immunotherapy)
Solutions for other conditions.
With his advanced training in allergy, asthma, and immune disorders, Dr. Clark is naturally well-suited to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Sinus problems/nasal congestion
- Sinus headaches
- Chronic cough
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Since the respiratory tract is “one system,” any disease or condition affecting the nose and sinuses can also affect the larynx, trachea, and lungs, and vice versa.
All Seasons Allergy & Asthma serves the Fort Walton Beach and Crestview area including Destin, Niceville and Navarre, Florida.